Jason L W Lynn wrote:

I'm trying to figure out how to get a part* in the table of contents. My problem is, I want to have a part listed as "Part I: Something"
instead of "1 Something"... so I use part* to accomplish this. When I
convert to PDF, the TOC does not contain the 'part*'s.

Not to appear in the TOC is the sense of starred sectioning commands.
(if it is really needed you can add a TOC entry manually with the command \addcontentsline{toc}{format}{entry} )

But which LaTeX class do you use? In article, report and book classes a "part" appears as "Part I. Something", not as "1 Something".

regards Uwe