roland schmitz wrote:

> Hi Kayvan,
>
> > Put the following in your LaTeX preamble:
> > % RCS style.
> > \def\RCSdef $#1${\typeout{RCS keyword string: [EMAIL PROTECTED]: {} :.}
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED]: #2 :#3.{\expandafter\def\csname RCS#1\endcsname{#2}}
> >
> > Then, in your document (or in your preamble), do:
> > \RCSdef $Revision$
> > \RCSdef $Date$
> >
> > Now, you can use \RCSRevision or \RCSDate in your document (in a
> > LaTeX ERT inset).
>
> can i use this code similar with CVS?
>
> Roland

Yes.
https://www.cvshome.org/docs/manual/cvs-1.11.17/cvs_12.html#SEC97
CVS uses rcs (actually has it built in now) as its underlying system, so all
the RCS key words work as listed.
It is CVS that I use, and when I tested Kayvan's advice against my repository,
I found it working beautifully.
--
Todd Denniston