Robert Neumann wrote:

I am writing a text using the package geometry. for the 4th and 5th chapter the topmargin should be changed. but I get the error message that \geometry{tmargin=10mm} can only be used in the preamble.
using \topmargin is not easy because the tmargin of the geometry package and \topmargin are totally different....
ist there a way to use \geoemtry- commands in the text and not only in the preamble?

attached an example

Herbert

--
http://TeXnik.de/
http://PSTricks.de/
ftp://ftp.dante.de/tex-archive/info/math/voss/Voss-Mathmode.pdf
http://www.dante.de/faq/de-tex-faq/
http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?introduction=yes
#LyX 1.3 created this file. For more info see http://www.lyx.org/
\lyxformat 221
\textclass book
\begin_preamble
\newlength\chapOffset\global\chapOffset=50\p@
\edef\changeTopMargin#1{\global\chapOffset=#1}
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
  \vspace*{\chapOffset}%
  {\parindent \z@ \raggedright \normalfont
    \ifnum [EMAIL PROTECTED] >[EMAIL PROTECTED]
      [EMAIL PROTECTED]
        \huge\bfseries [EMAIL PROTECTED] \thechapter
        \par\nobreak
        \vskip 20\p@
      \fi
    \fi
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
    \Huge \bfseries #1\par\nobreak
    \vskip 40\p@
  }}
\end_preamble
\options openany
\language german
\inputencoding latin1
\fontscheme default
\graphics default
\paperfontsize 12
\spacing single
\papersize Default
\paperpackage a4
\use_geometry 0
\use_amsmath 0
\use_natbib 0
\use_numerical_citations 0
\paperorientation portrait
\paperwidth 17cm
\paperheight 22cm
\leftmargin 1.2cm
\topmargin 1.4cm
\rightmargin 1.7cm
\bottommargin 1.4cm
\headsep 1cm
\secnumdepth 4
\tocdepth 4
\paragraph_separation skip
\defskip medskip
\quotes_language german
\quotes_times 2
\papercolumns 1
\papersides 2
\paperpagestyle default

\layout Title

Title
\layout Author

Herert Voß
\layout Chapter

First One
\layout Standard

bla blah laber fasel bla blah laber fasel bla blah laber blah laber fasel
 Rekombinationsstrategie This is the deafult danger box.
 You get it with
\layout Standard

\begin_inset ERT
status Open

\layout Standard

\backslash
changeTopMargin{-3cm}
\end_inset

\layout Chapter

First two
\layout Standard

bla blah laber fasel bla blah laber fasel bla blah laber blah laber fasel
 Rekombinationsstrategie This is the deafult danger box.
 You get it with
\layout Chapter

First Three
\layout Standard

bla blah laber fasel bla blah laber fasel bla blah laber blah laber fasel
 Rekombinationsstrategie This is the deafult danger box.
 You get it with
\layout Standard

\begin_inset ERT
status Collapsed

\layout Standard

\backslash
resetTopMargin
\end_inset

\layout Chapter

First Four
\layout Standard

bla blah laber fasel bla blah laber fasel bla blah laber blah laber fasel
 Rekombinationsstrategie This is the deafult danger box.
 You get it with
\the_end