I happily read that John Levon implemented a "change tracking" feature,
soon to be included in LyX (in fact, one can even this already)

I currently use the python script "ldiff.py"
# Copyright (C) 2002 Dekel Tsur
(I found it here: http://cs.haifa.ac.il/~dekelts/ldiff/)
This also uses dvipost. I like it.

The python script does some post processing to remove latex errors, but
not all.
The problem is (e.g.) when I use algorithms.
The script doesn't know about \If, \Else, \EndIf, and so,
I often end up in a situation where (e.g.) \EndIf occurse twice, both in
"blue" text as well as in "red" text - resulting in LaTeX errors.

I was wondering how the "change tracking" feature in LyX would deal with
that problem. In general, what happens to changes in ERT? Or maybe it
only puts a marginbar around the complete ERT?

Secondly, a minor plus of the ldiff script, I think, is that it can
compare the current version with some old cvs version (or even compare
two old cvs versions). Would that be possible with Lyx' "change
tracking" as well?

Jonne.