Hi Vaclav,

Thanks for your advice.

> LyX and LaTeX are two different projects. In fact
> LyX is a frontend to LaTeX.

> First, you have to decide which one you want to use:
> Option 1: LyX
>   run lyx (e.g. from your console)
>   follow Help>Tutorial in the menu

I expect to learn the backend. command lines.  However
I'm also interested to learn LyX, the front end,
simultaneously as cross reference.

$ rpm -qa | grep latex
tetex-latex-2.0.2-13

Latex already installed and running on PC

$ lyx
bash: lyx: command not found
$ rpm -qa | grep lyx
No printout

$ yum search lyx
Server: Fedora Core 2 - i386 - Base
Server: Fedora.us Extras (Stable)
Server: Fedora.us Extras (Testing)
Server: Fedora.us Extras (Unstable)
Server: Livna.org - Fedora Compatible Packages
(stable)
Server: Livna.org - Fedora Compatible Packages
(unstable)
Server: macromedia.mplug.org - Flash Plugin
Server: Fedora Core 2 - i386 - Released Updates
Finding updated packages
Downloading needed headers
Looking in available packages for a providing package
Available package: lyx.i386 0:1.3.4-0.fdr.6.1.92 from
fedora-stable matches with
 lyx
1 results returned
Looking in installed packages for a providing package
No packages found
- END -

I think I need to install the package "lyx.i386
0:1.3.4-0.fdr.6.1.92".  If I'm wrong please correct
me.

> Option 2: latex
>   read

http://www.comp.leeds.ac.uk/andyr/misc/latex/latextutorial1.html

I got it done, thanks.

I suppose Items 1 - 10 on
http://www.comp.leeds.ac.uk/andyr/misc/latex/

are the manual for me to learn 'Latex'???

TIA

B.R.
Stephen