Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:
> I do not know really. Let's say a few month. It really depends on
> whether some of the coders can find some time to work on it (sad,
> isn't it?).

I have two thoughts, how to give to the LyX some edge:

1) I have been happy user of SWSusp kernel patch and its development was
   partially funded by Linux Fund -- http://www.linuxfund.org/. Would it
   help if some LyX developer (possibly in between two jobs), could work on
   LyX full-time? I guess the project with many users and not enough
   developers is an ideal candidate for such funding.
2) Hey, there are many tech writers here! Why they shouldn't some good
   pro-LyX campaign (on Slashdot, Usenet, etc.) to attain more developers?
   Of course, "scratching your own itch" principle means that LyX would need
   some serious rebranding -- and here I think serious support of Docbook
   could really help. Just a thought.

Matej

--
Matej Cepl, http://www.ceplovi.cz/matej

Why do you sit there looking like an envelope without any address
on it?
      -- Mark Twain