On Tue, Jan 04, 2005 at 03:56:38PM +0100, Charles de Miramon wrote:
> I'm going way  outside my competence, but the difference between Boost and
> Qt/KDE is that Boost seems to me that Boost is a classical library : more
> algorithms, more data structures but very little concerning the interface
> between the users and the application. Qt/KDE is totally different. It is
> bricks to build graphical content-oriented application. You won't find
> there Phd grade algorithms

That is pretty much correct. Qt in its current state is rarely usable
for applications with non-toysized datasets simply because nobody cares
about using sufficiently well scaling algorithms when appropriate.

Now, the data usually handled by LyX is usually 'toy sized', i.e. less
than a millon chars or so, but it is structured to a degree where
chosing the correct algorithm and data structure _does_ sometimes matter.

Andre'