Hi,

I am trying to use lyx both on Windows (Ruurd Reitsma's port of 1.3.5) and
Linux (1.3.4).

My problem is that the Windows lyx complains about graphics that the linux
lyx had no problem with.

I realize that these might not be LyX's fault proper, but ImageMagick
"convert" or MikTeX (2.4).

The complaints are "error converting to loadable format" on some pictures
(even though the ImageMagick executable loads them and displays them outside
lyx)
but they come out fine in the DVI, so I am willing to let that go if need
be, but about others, TeX complains that it can't tell the image size. I
have looked into the file and I see the bounding box defined, and be
reminded that on Linux, TeTeX and ImageMagick had no problems.

The graphics come from various sources. Adobe Photoshop, Microcal Origin,
etc.

My question is, does anyone have experience with this - how to produce
"good" eps's? What do I need to pay attention to when exporting, etc. or
what might be the problem? (I already know not to put a preview in the eps).

Thanks