Rich Shepard wrote:
> Oops! I have it backwards: the chapter titles are present on the
> even-number pages and the section titles are missing. Same as you've seen.
> Glad I checked!

Rich,

it turned out that there are problems between scrpage2 and the babel package.
Some of scrpage2's commands have to be initialized after babel, else they
will be owerwritten. LyX, however, always loads babel in the last place.

The following preamble snippet works here:

\usepackage{scrpage2}
\AtBeginDocument{\automark[section]{chapter}}
\pagestyle{scrheadings}
\clearscrheadfoot
\ohead{\headmark}
\cfoot[\pagemark]{\pagemark}
\setheadsepline{0.4pt}
\renewcommand{\headfont}{\normalfont\rmfamily\slshape}

Regards,
Jürgen