hi,
I am using lyx1.3.4 on Mandrake9.2

I copied the file .sty file to /use/share/texmf/tex/latex/
Then ran texthash.
Then lyx reconfigure.

While reconfigure in lyx the following line is observed

checking for document class iitklogo [article, myclass.sty]...

Stil layout->document->layout shows unavailiable article(myclass)

--
Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain Security, will not
have, nor do they deserve, either one.     (T. Jefferson or B. Franklin or