On Friday 14 January 2005 22:24, Matej Cepl wrote:
> Hi,
>
> while reading a Steve Litt's column on writing technical books
> (http://www.troubleshooters.com/tpromag/200201/200201.htm) I found this:
>
> This is not completely correct. If you don't need BibTeX (I do), then you
> can pretty easily create Docbook XML from SGML Docbook with the attached
> script (you have to run it in the same directory as the original LyX
> file. You can even define Docbook XML as new format in LyX and define
> conversion for it (see attached screenshot of its definition). It is very
> rough and probably buggy, but it may work at least partially. However,
> then the answer is what to do with Docbook XML file and it is not simple
> either.
>
> Comments?

  lyx 1.4.0 will write directly xml or sgml on demand, you ask. :-)

  Certainly if you have ert in sgml that not valid xml then you are in
trouble, but this is the same with lyx and tex constructs when working with
the latex backend. (Yes Richard, I know the difference between the backend
and frontends ;-).

  Was this the comment you were waiting for? :-)

--
Josà AbÃlio