i Bennet! Thanks for the kind and prompt reply:

On Jan 22, 2005, at 8:46 PM, Bennett Helm wrote:

On Jan 22, 2005, at 1:33 PM, Stefano Baroni wrote:

Hi! I am an occasional user of LyX on a mac running osx 10.3.7.
Opening a file that was written a while ago, I notice that all the math formulas are messed up. I understand that this is possibly due to some incompatibility with a handful of fonts AMS.dfont, CM_2.dfont, CM_4.dfont, LaTeX.dfont, CM_1.dfont, CM_3.dfont, Euler.dfont, WNCY.dfont) installed by MacDviX (which, by the way, I hardly use). How can I disable the harmful fonts? ( From within Font Book I tried to search these fonts, but none was displayed (this may depend on the fact that I know basically nothing about fonts and Font Book).

Can anyone help?

When you say the math formulas are "messed up" do you mean that they're messed up on LyX's screen, or that they are messed up when printed? IIRC, the CMdfont package was a problem only for on-screen fonts.

They are messed up on screen. The pdf file produced by LyX is OK

These fonts *should* show up in FontBook; have you used the search field in FontBook to look for them?

YES. I just cut-and-pasted the complet name (e.g. "CM_1.dfont", without quotes) in the find small window in the upeer-right corner of Font Book, with no results. Is the search done on all the "collections" or just in the current one? In any case, I tried selecting each one of them ...

If they don't show up there, try using the Finder to search for these filenames. (You may have to set Visibility to "visible and invisible items" to find them.) Then just delete them if you don't use them, or move them out of one of the standard font folders (such as ~/Library/Fonts or /Library/Fonts) to merely disable them.

No success either. I do not know how to set the "visibility" of finder (can you advice?). In any case, I tried "the hard way" from an unix shell: find / -name "CM*" NO SUCCESS either ...

Sorry for being so dull, but I would really like to re-use my old lyx files, and I feel a little frustrated.

Thanks again for your help.

Stefano

---
Stefano Baroni --- SISSA & DEMOCRITOS National Simulation Center
via Beirut 2-4 34014 Trieste Grignano / [+39] 040 3787 406 (tel) -528 (fax)