On Friday 28 January 2005 03:40 pm, Andre Poenitz wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 26, 2005 at 11:41:56AM -0500, Steve Litt wrote:
> > Seriously, there's got to be some way to make it easier. Your method
> > of "fig:" is a start, and makes things tolerable (THANKS!), but I'm
> > wondering if something could be done with automatic labels or maybe
> > local labels.
>
> I think one thing that could and should be offered is to add the
> possibility to create a label in the 'insert reference' dialog. I
> usually write someting, notice that I need to refere to some place, then
> need ages to scroll up to that place, insert the label, go down again,
> insert the reference. Having a box where all unlabled chapters and
> figures are listed ready for labeling would simplify that task
> enourmously.
>
> Andre'

While you're at it, include a field for the graphic file, complete with browse
button. One stop shopping.

SteveT

Steve Litt
Author:
   * Universal Troubleshooting Process courseware
   * Troubleshooting Techniques of the Successful Technologist
   * Rapid Learning: Secret Weapon of the Successful Technologist
Webmaster
   * Troubleshooters.Com
   * http://www.troubleshooters.com