On Mon, 31 Jan 2005, Angus Leeming wrote:

   Menu->insert multiline environment
   type the first line
   hit cntl-enter (little blue box appears on the next line)
   type second line
   Menu->View DVI

Angus,

  This works for me, too. The difference from before? I didn't use the math
panel to insert large braces and brackets. Why that makes a difference I've
no idea. But, each prior time I tried to use a large brace and a large
bracket from the panel and I'd either get an undesired closing bracket or
the ctrl-enter didn't work.

  I can reporduce this behavior at will. That's what I was doing the past
few hours. :-)

  Well, I'm now going to try Herbert's \Bigg\{ and see if I can get that to
place a large brace rather than Bigg{}.

  Thanks, all! On to the next problem.

Rich

--