As promised earlier this afternoon, I have built a snapshot of today's
tex2lyx from the 1.4.x tree.
It was built on a WIndows XP machine.
Find it at http://www.devel.lyx.org/~leeming/tex2lyx_win32_31Jan05.zip
I'm afraid that it's frighteningly large at 2.8MBytes, but that's probably
because I forgot to strip the executable.
FWIW, it takes 48 secs to download on a 56kByte/sec broadband connection.

The zip archive will unzip to

LyX/
    bin/
        reLyX
        tex2lyx.exe
    Resources/
        lyx/
            chkconfig.ltx
            credits
            lyx2lyx/
                lyx2lyx
            packages.lst
            textclass.lst
            configure
            layouts/
            lyxrc.defaults
            reLyX/

Personally, I installed the thing as J:\Programs\LyX, but I'd be interested
to here how things go if you shove it in as C:\Program Files\LyX

Run from the CMD prompt as

    > J:\Programs\LyX\bin\tex2lyx.exe UserGuide_13x.tex > UserGuide_14x.lyx
    > python J:\Programs\LyX\Resources\lyx\lyx2lyx\lyx2lyx
            --to 221 --output UserGuide_13x_version2.lyx

As always with development code, caveat emptor.
Back up your files and DON'T BLAME ME! ;-)

--
Angus