G. Milde wrote:

> On  1.02.05, Georg Baum wrote:
>> G. Milde wrote:
>>
>> > IMHO, sending a tmp-dir is not a very transparent solution.
>>
>> True, but IHMO the best one currently available.
>
> I do not think so -- LyX has two kinds of latex export: "internal" (with
> some debugging stuff inserted) and "human-readable" (File>Export>LaTeX).
> As a publisher, I would prefer to get the human-readable.
>
> If I want to keep (and finally pack and send away) the intermediate files
> (converted eps, say), I would tell LyX not to use a temporary dir.

Well this is where you fall down.

LyX 1.4.x will always use a temporary dir. We have discontinued the option
to not use a temp dir. It was impossible to maintain. In fact it was
impossible to get it right in the first place.

The temporary dir contains everything that is needed to create the
document. The names of the graphics files are mangled, sure enough, but
they are still human readable. Guess where the original of these files are
to be found:

0_home_aleem_lyx_devel_lib_doc_mobius.eps
1_home_aleem_lyx_devel_lib_doc_escher-lsd.eps
2_home_aleem_lyx_devel_lib_doc_platypus.eps

--
Angus