On Fri, Feb 04, 2005 at 02:07:39PM -0800, Sergio Basurto Juarez wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have installed debian testing on my machine, I
> install lyx also, my doubt what can I do in order to
> make lyx to convert my lyx files to html?, because
> debian does not have latex2html by default.
>
> can I mget latex2html by other ways and the install it
> on debian?
>
> will this work?

latex2html is available on debian.  Simply install it (as root, of
course), using
        apt-get update ; apt-get install latex2html
or through the use of aptitude, etc.

Kenward

ps.  I think you may believe that its non-free status on debian means
it is not available, or that it may not be obtained without payment.
This is not true, if so.  It pertains to the nature of the license that
latex2html has, which does not fit the requirements for belonging to
the core of debian.  It is still available thanks to a maintainer who
recognizes its value despite its license.
--
In a completely rational society, the best of us would aspire to be
_teachers_ and the rest of us would have to settle for something less,