Hi Paul,

I have just upgraded LyX to v 1.3.5 on a Windows XP machine. Works well except for the export function. I cannot even export latex. Can anyone suggest what I need to do?

I take "works well" to mean you can view documents in DVI form? If so, it sounds like a path or permission problem.

Correct.

Open a command window (in the LyX bin directory if it's not on your command path, or any directory if it is) and start LyX in debug mode:

lyx -dbg 262144 -userdir <path to your document directory>

Then open a document and try to export to LaTeX. (I'm assuming that the File->Export->LaTeX option exists and is not grayed out on the File menu.) What does the command window show in the way of debugging messages?

When I followed this prescription, the export function worked correctly.

So I shut down LyX and tried again by clicking on my file. Now the export fails. The pdf is produced I think (latex runs twice and there is a buffer export according to the commentary on the bottom left of the LyX window), but then vanishes into the ether.

I am beginning to suspect that there is a problem with a configuration file. Can I return to default settings somehow?

Is the Windows registry used?

Andrew

             Andrew Horsfield             [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                   Department of Physics and Astronomy,
                        University College London,
               Gower Street, London WC1E 6BT, United Kingdom
             Phone:+44-(0)20-7679-7701  FAX:+44-(0)20-7679-1360