Thank you, Bennett. That works.

On Saturday, February 12, 2005, at 09:32 PM, Bennett Helm wrote:

On Feb 12, 2005, at 4:54 PM, Bruce Pourciau wrote:

When I do Edit > Paste External Selection > As paragraphs on the contents of a Word file, all the n-dash characters (a mid-length dash the width of an "n") in the Word file show up in my LyX file as an upper case D with a short horizontal cross-hatch in the vertical stem. (Is this a currency symbol?) I haven't been able to reproduce this symbol from my keyboard (LyX 1.3.4 Aqua Mac). Is there any way to do a find/replace on this symbol, so I can replace all of its occurrences with the LyX/LaTeX double hyphen?

Within LyX, copy the "D" character (highlight it, then <cmd-c>), and paste it into the Find/Replace dialog.

Bennett