Rich Shepard wrote:

I now know the power of pstricks, but what I have yet to discover is

it is not only the power, which makes it worth to use PSTricks. It uses by default the same fonts for the text on axes, labels, ... For other drawing tools you often have to change the fonts with psfrag, otherwise it looks a bit ugly, when having e.g. palatino as text font and courier in the graphics ...

And the other advantage is, that you can do all changes to
your graphic on the fly ...

But if you prefer another tool, then it is also okay,
unless the graphic looks well and shows what you want.

Herbert

-- http://TeXnik.de/ http://PSTricks.de/ ftp://ftp.dante.de/tex-archive/info/math/voss/Voss-Mathmode.pdf http://www.dante.de/faq/de-tex-faq/ http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?introduction=yes