Ekkehart Schlicht wrote:
Michael Wojcik wrote:

You could try the following:

1. Rename lyx2lyx to lyx2lyx.py.

2. Make sure .py files have the correct association. You can create
a simple "test.py" containing just "print 'Hello'" and run that
from the command line to check.

3. Create a command file named lyx2lyx.cmd to run lyx2lyx.py:

@ /path/to/lyx2lyx.py %*

4. Now, you should be able to run lyx2lyx; that will actually run lyx2lyx.cmd, which will run lyx2lyx.py.

I haven't actually tried this with lyx2lyx, but it works for a
simple test Python script, so it might fix the lyx2lxy issue on
Windows.

Just to confirm: This works just fine with lyx2lyx and LyX/Win32 qt 1.3.5. (and lyx2lyx.cmd in the lyx\share\lyx\lyx2lyx directory.)
Maybe this would be good post in Wiki.

Thanks, Ekkehart, for confirming this. I'll write a Wiki tip. (I have another one pending that I haven't added to the actual Wiki yet, so I'll get both of them up there as soon as I have a free moment.)

--
Michael Wojcik