Colin J. Williams wrote:

> Angus Leeming wrote:
>
>>I've just uploaded a version for Fedora Core 3 to the wiki page.
>>    http://wiki.lyx.org/LaTeX/LatexToLyx
>>Happy converting.
>>

> The above refers specifically to Red Hat.

It does? It doesn't. It has a link to executables compiled on Linux
machines running Fedora Core 3 and Mandrake 10.1. It also has a link to an
executable compiled on Windows XP.

> I took a chance and installed that.

Sorry I don't follow. Which one did you take a chance on. Why do you
regard it as a 'chance'? What OS are you using?

> Unfortunately, I get the same conversion error from Hello.tex

Sorry, I'm thick. I don't know what Hello.tex is. Perhaps you might expand
further. The wiki page has a section "How to make it better". Perhaps
you'll take some steps in that direction...

--
Angus