>>Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 15:30:26 +0200
>>From: "G. Milde" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>>To: lyx-users@lists.lyx.org
>>Subject: Re: Problems with BibTeX crossrefs

>>Copying the fields instead of a crossref is of course a "quick and dirty"
>>workaround.

I disagree upon this: it's crossreferencing which is the "quick and dirty"
solution,
as the citation extract cannot be manipulated alone (same remark abour STRING
facility).

Unless  the bibtex tool allows database export with crossref and abrev
expansion, these facilities
create a loss of information at source level, not appropriate for static data
like citations
(I can't think of a more static piece of info than a citation in fact: once
typed correctly
it will never change, so basically is should be typed only onece by the first
author and then
only copied :-).

--
Jean-Pierre