Hi all,

Trying to lessen the space between my headings and the text below, I tried the
following:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                                   {-33.5ex [EMAIL PROTECTED] -1ex [EMAIL
PROTECTED] -.2ex}%
                                   {32.3ex [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                                   {\Large}}

That was pretty much copied out of book.cls, except that I dinked with the
various distances to try to reverse engineer what caused the spacing above
and below the heading. Nothing I did changed anything. To see whether I was
just not changing the environment, I did the following:

\renewcommand\subsubsection{\Huge}%

The preceding produced absolutely no change in subsubsection.

I added this code to my layout file, and was careful to Edit->reconfigure and
then quit and restart LyX every time.

I though perhaps my \renewcommands weren't even being read, but when I changed
one to \newcommand instead, LyX complained that subsubsection was already
defined, so it's obviously reading my code.

So why are my renewcommands not recognized?

Steve Litt
Author:
   * Universal Troubleshooting Process courseware
   * Troubleshooting Techniques of the Successful Technologist
   * Rapid Learning: Secret Weapon of the Successful Technologist
Webmaster
   * Troubleshooters.Com
   * http://www.troubleshooters.com