Or you can place your cursor anywhere inside the equation and then from EDIT menu select MATH->"Toggle numbering of line" or what ever else you'd like to do

Cheers
Leo

----- Original Message ----- From: "Johan Ingvast" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Reuben D. Budiardja" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: <lyx-users@lists.lyx.org>
Sent: Thursday, April 14, 2005 5:38 AM
Subject: Re: HowTo Delete equations label

On Thu, 14 Apr 2005, Reuben D. Budiardja wrote:

That's what I found out too, if you delete the text label, lyx would give (#).
What I want is to delete the numbering too. Because sometime I changed my
mind about the equation numbering (to not being numbered), or sometime I have
one equation that becomes too long after I put the label, so I want to split
it into two lines, but I don't want the two lines to have two numbering,
because it's one equation.
The only way I can do it is to delete the whole equation, and rewrite it from
the beginning.

If you don't want the number you can toggle it off/on with M-C-n (meta-ctrl-n). /johan

--
Johan Ingvast, PhD student http://www.md.kth.se/~ingvast
Department of Machine Design, Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden