Paul Smith wrote:

On 4/18/05, Michael Scottaline
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

PS>When two LyX windows are open (after having run the command lyx
PS>twice), copying from a document in a window to a document in the other
PS>one is not possible. Is this behavior expected as normal? Or is this a
PS>bug?

Hmm! That does not seem to be the case on my linux lyx 1.3.4 where the procedure I follow relatively routinely is as follows:

1. Go to the first text document and highlight the text to be copied by highlighting and ctrl C.
2. Click outside the highlighted text to get rid of the highlight. This for some reason is fairly important.
3,.Go to the other lyx document, opened by a separate lyx command.
4. Push the middle mouse button where you want to place the copied text.

I have just done this again to ensure that it does work.Maybe it does not work on all configurations.

I can confirm this method works without a problem on my Windows XP ported version of LyX 1.3.5.

Rob S

--

R D Saunders
Hydraulic Research Group