Hi Paul,

The \usepackage{tocbibind} did put the TOC in the TOC as desired, and it
numbered it in the TOC properly with the number of the first page of the
two-page TOC.

However, the Bibliography then appeared in the TOC *twice* at the end.  I
unclicked the "include bibliography in TOC" option in the Lyx Bib widget
and that fixed that problem.

Thanks!

Rich