Angus Leeming writes:
> you're mixing perl with sh. The shell script way is

Oops, that doesn't surprise me. I know enough Perl to be dangerous and
less shell scripting.

As said, I could see doing a proper (Perl) script that follows an external
list of items to be found and indexed, but I think someone already
mentioned that something for this exists.

(And here is one I just turned up but haven't yet examined)
https://gna.org/projects/latex-indexbuild/

The implemented system in Lyx is nice and quick for occasional references,
but if you later decide that you want to change the index listing for,
let's say, "Ford" to "Ford Motor Cars" then you either have to modify
each and every Idx or do a careful S/R outside of Lyx.

-Kevin

--
Kevin Pfeiffer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Tiros-Translations