Serge> Dear LyX team, there are font-emph, font-bold etc. functions,
Serge> but no font-slant function. Therefore one cannot bind the
Serge> operation of making a word "slanted" to a key or a toolbar
Serge> button. I tried to look at the LyX source to see how to add
Serge> such a function but quickly got confused. It seems that the
Serge> mechanism to add the "slanting" is not similar to that of
Serge> "emphasizing" or other such font attributes. Is it somehow
Serge> difficult for design reasons to add the "font-slant" function?

No, it is just that the person who did that got lazy. The functions
that got implemented are those that were needed for menus.

Serge> A related question: there seems to be no documentation about
Serge> the role of LyX functions. Are really *all* LyX functions
Serge> listed in the file lyxfunctions.C? I thought that *all* LyX
Serge> operations are LyX functions and that, for instance, *all*
Serge> actions of a LyX user could be recorded and repeated by a
Serge> client connected to a LyX server. Is this assumption correct?

Not really. All actions that can be triggered from the menu, toolbar
or keybindings work through an lfun. Then there are some more
functions, but they are not very many of them.

JMarc