ok - i cleared the preamble and tracking changes works. however, i
observe strange behavior:

1) i generated a new document, entered some text, enabled tracking changes, and
addied some more text and deleted some. this shows nicely in lyx. hoever, in
dvi it shows in black & white only. in postscript it shows in colors, but there
is no vertical bars in the margin.

2) using tracking changes with my paper. i cleared the preamble (as
first stated). tracking changed shows well in lyx, but not at all in
dvi. it does show in postscript, but still no vertical bars in the margins.

ideas?

martin