Jose' Matos <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> On Tuesday 10 May 2005 00:36, Marcelo AcuÃfffff1a wrote:
> > 1) When I invoke Find & Replace I can't to type accented characters or Ã
> > equals to the used for lyx in the text. This characters look equals but
> > are differents in code.
>
>   True, if you are using a utf-8 locale the characters inserted inside any
> widget (Is this the right name?), with the single exception of the main
> canvas, are not converted to the document encoding but remain utf-8.

OK. So it might be that LyX is using some encoding at file storage level and
something else at display level. People sometimes run into this trouble in
Win#@ too: they enter (unknowingly, of course) utf text in some version of
W*rd, and they get white squares at another...

The solution is to use the same encoding consistently in both system file
storage and application.  If you set the locale (or whatever input device you
are using) to use ISO-8859-1 (Latin 1) for display, and set \usepackage[latin1]
{inputenc} in the preamble of your LyX/LaTeX file, you should get something
close to what you want: the characters on screen are those stored in file.  I
do something like this to fix some odd-encoded files in Win#@, and it works...