Hello all,
I have a problem to use directly \left command in math formula.

1- If inside lyx, I push Ctrl-M and type something like \left[x+y\right] every thing is fine, two nice red brackets delimit my formula. But if I use \left{ x+y \right} then I make havoc of my document with unlimited and unremovable errors. Apparently, inside math display, \left{ has a special meaning and one has to go through the math panel->delimiters to do the job.

Any body knows the source of the problem ?
Thanks,
--
Bahram  Houchmandzadeh
CNRS,Lab. Spectrometrie Physique,