Michael Ranft wrote:
> i'm using the book format (twoside).
> now i have one image which is large and i want it to cover to pages in
> landscape format, with a minimal margin in the middle.
> so i split the image (second proberty  sheet) with the x/y-values.
> the faqs-solution "Facing floats on 2-page spread"  works fine.
> but i always get the same margin i use the pages before.
> i tried it with hspace (which works well with text) while making the figure
> not floating ([h]-option) and uncounted other methods. i read little about
> the renewcommand, but i have no clue to make this work.

I am not sure I got you right. You are using the dpfloat package and you want
the two facing floats to have narrower inner margins than the rest of the
text?

If yes, you can try the following: use KOMA book instead of book and enclose
the picture in the addmargin* environment, e.g.:

---figure float #1 -----------
  \begin{leftfullpage}
 \begin{addmargin*}[-3em]{0em}
    <left side figure>
 \end{addmargin*}
  \end{leftfullpage}
-------------------------------

---figure float #2 -----------
\begin{figure}[p]
  \begin{fullpage}
  \begin{addmargin*}[-3em]{0em}
    <right side figure>
  \end{addmargin*}
  \end{fullpage}
\end{figure}

The addmargin* environment is defined as
\begin{addmargin*}[inner margin difference]{outer margin difference}

HTH,
Jürgen