Christian Payne wrote:
> Ok, here is what happens when I run the python lyx2lyx script:
> ---
> C:\Program Files\lyx\share\lyx\lyx2lyx>python lyx2lyx thesis.lyx >
> thesis-win.lyx
> 'import site' failed; use -v for traceback
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>    File "lyx2lyx", line 19, in ?
>      import getopt, sys, string, re
> ImportError: No module named getopt

You are using the stripped-down python that Ruurd packaged with LyX 1.3.5.
Throw it away and get a proper distribution from
http://www.python.org/download/

> Now if I run the lyx2lyx binary program then I get the following:
> ---
> C:\Program Files\lyx\bin>lyx2lyx thesis.lyx > thesis-win.lyx
> Malformed LyX file: Missing 'collapsed'.
> Malformed LyX file: Missing 'collapsed'.
> Malformed lyx file: Missing 'wide'.
> Malformed lyx file: Missing 'wide'.

Interesting. Can you make your thesis publicly available for download, or
can you reproduce the problem with a stripped-down snippet that you could
post to the list?

> is it worth trying to install a recent Linux version of LyX
> and trying that?

Nope. Stick with what you have and we'll try and fix the bugs that you've
uncovered.

--
Angus