On Fri, Jun 03, 2005 at 11:47:52AM +0200, G. Milde wrote:

> Reading a LaTeX book, I found that typesetting rules differ between
> European and North-American conventions. By default, LaTeX introduces an
> extra large space after a sentence-ending full stop.
> So this extra space is already in the dvi.

I know there's extra space there; the problem is that the resulting
ascii doesn't include them.  So I figure that dvi2tty thinks there
isn't enough space (this is also true between paragraphs in some
cases, for instance: I had to adjust the space around subsections to
get the spacing right).

Andrew Sullivan  | [EMAIL PROTECTED]
This work was visionary and imaginative, and goes to show that visionary
and imaginative work need not end up well.
                --Dennis Ritchie