On  7.06.05, Leonardo wrote:
> Hi all,
> I'm trying to install a new latex class to be used with Lyx, but
> cannot manage to have it working.

> [EMAIL PROTECTED] leo]$  kpsewhich tex jpconf.cls
> /usr/share/texmf/tex/latex/iopams/jpconf.cls

OK

> Then I created a jpconf.layout file in $HOME/.lyx/layout,I
> reconfigured Lyx (Edit->Reconfigure) but I'm not so sure of the
> syntax:

My best tip is to look at other layout files to see how they do it...

> #% Do not delete the line below; configure depends on this
> #  \DeclareLaTeXClass[jpconf]{JPConf}
>
> # Read the definitions from article.layout
> \Input article.layout

> In fact I have some errors:
> LyX: Unknown TextClass tag `\Input' [around line 4 of file
> ~/.lyx/layouts/jpconf.layout]

This is quite clear (at least to me). Try

-\Input article.layout
+Input article.layout

> Error: Textclass 'jpconf' is missing a defaultstyle.

This is a follow up, as it did not read in article.layout

> If I don't add the article.layout reference the error is:
> Error: Textclass 'jpconf' is missing a defaultstyle.

Yes, you should define at least one style (explicitely or by including
another file).

Günter

--
G.Milde web.de