On 14.06.05, Richard Brown wrote:
> Thank you Gunter. I didn't really understand because it's all new to me,
> but I just followed your instructions and it worked!! Hurray!!

Good news. You are welcome.

> But I don't really follow the "wrapper" idea: you wrote
>
> > Or you create wrappers for all versions that contain the "right"
> > preamble and include the main content (Insert>File>LyX-Document). In
> > this case, the inserted file should not contain the setup code in the
> > preamble, as this would override the wrapper setting.
>
> Do I need to have 3 different wrappers (students, teachers, CDscript)?
> With different preambles in each?

Yes, that was my idea. So the the preamble of exercise-students.lyx
would be e.g.

  \usepackage{ifthen}
  % create toggles
  \newboolean{students}
  \newboolean{teachers}
  \newboolean{CDscript}
  % print students part
  \setboolean{students}{true}
  \setboolean{teachers}{false}
  \setboolean{CDscript}{false}

> What is the "main content" in each wrapper?

The main content is just an include button (Insert>File>LyX) and the
file, say exercise-incl.lyx, would contain all parts an also the
\ifthenelse{ and } ERT boxes. (It will no longer complile error as
stand-alone doucment free due to the missing preamble.)

Just decide if it is worth the additional effort.

Günter

--
G.Milde web.de