i am aware of lyx way of finding things, however, i seem to missing
something on my box, which was lost during a recent upgrade. i have now
installed all sorts of pdf related stuff, recompiled lyx, restarted lyx
and no ...

still no File->Export->PDF and
      no File->Export->Postscript either ... ?

martin