On Thu, 16 Jun 2005, Myriam Abramson wrote:

Package xcolor Error: Undefined color `averagebackgroundcolor'.
...beamerexample!10!averagebackgroundcolor)}

  I, too, found the same error when I tried to view the example file. So, I
gave up on it. Instead, I'm using a different example file (graciously
supplied by a member of our community) and the help I get her (particularly
by Paul).

  There are several insights I've discovered by trial and error because the
specific sequence is not laid out in the manual. For example, placing a list
of eight items in two columns on a slide worked only when the two colums
(under the overall heading of "columns-top-aligned") and grouped and indented
by one level.

  This community here is a tremendous resource and always willing to help.
Try creating the presentation you want (ignoring the example file) and ask
when you get stuck.

Rich

--
Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President