I just spent another chunk of time trying to track down an error in a
LaTeX/PSTricks file that compiles from the command line but tosses errors
like crazy within LyX. I finally realized that I had seen this behavior
before: it's the result of having a '%' as the continuation character after
an opening brace, '{' at the end of a line. Removing the '%' and bringing the
following line up solves the problem.

  Why does this happen?

Thanks,

Rich

--
Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President      | Author of "Quantifying Environmental
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)  | Impact Assessments Using Fuzzy Logic"