Hello,

I downloaded tex2lyx_MacOSX_21Jul05.zip which expanded to a directory LyX which I then moved to /Applications (there wasnt any installation package or Makefile so I assumed this was all that was necessary with this precompiled binary). When I run tex2lyx from the command line, I get undefined references to symbols it expects to find in /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib:

dyld: tex2lyx Undefined symbols:
tex2lyx undefined reference to _btowc expected to be defined in /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib tex2lyx undefined reference to _iswctype expected to be defined in /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib tex2lyx undefined reference to _mbsrtowcs expected to be defined in /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib tex2lyx undefined reference to _towlower expected to be defined in /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib tex2lyx undefined reference to _towupper expected to be defined in /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib tex2lyx undefined reference to _wcscoll expected to be defined in /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib tex2lyx undefined reference to _wcsftime expected to be defined in /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib tex2lyx undefined reference to _wcslen expected to be defined in /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib tex2lyx undefined reference to _wcsrtombs expected to be defined in /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib tex2lyx undefined reference to _wcsxfrm expected to be defined in /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib
tex2lyx undefined reference to Trace/BPT trap

Then tex2lyx crashes. I thought maybe there were some libraries which were installed but not linked so I added some directories to the DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable, but it didnt change anything. I am running 10.2.8. Any ideas? Thanks

Saul Gelfand