On  2.08.05, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
> Quoting Rich Shepard:
>
> >On Mon, 1 Aug 2005, Stacia Hartleben wrote:
> >
> >>Could someone please explain to me how text indenting works in Lyx? I
> >>can't seem to figure it out. Thanks!

Do you mean the indentation at the start of a paragraph?
> > You can change it in two places: Layout->Document->Layout choose
> > Indent or Skip for paragraph spacing. Then, in
> > Layout->Paragraph->General you can select Don't skip.

> > If you are referring to lists, then you can use Layout and Increase
> > or Decrease environment depth.
>
> You can also input forced whitespaces using CTRL+backspace. This is
> useful, for example, if you are handling code which must be indented.

To indent a complete paragraph (e.g. as a quote) select the Quote
layout style in the drop-down list at the left of the toolbar.

For more information on the LyX-way of formatting text have a look at
Help>Tutorial and Help>User Manual.

Guenter

--
G.Milde web.de