----- Original Message ----- From: "Stacia Hartleben" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <lyx-users@lists.lyx.org>
Sent: Thursday, August 04, 2005 3:18 PM
Subject: weird table problems in Lyx

I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong, but most times when I make
a table, the first row of the table is seperate than the others. I can
get around this by deleting and inserting more rows, but it's a pain.
What am I doing wrong? Also, is there an easy way to set the lines of
the table to not show up? I can do it per row or cell but I don't know
if there's an easy way to fix the whole table.

You aren't doing anything wrong that is just the way Lyx draws tables on the screen and annoyingly in the output.

As for the cell borders, you have to do them one by one.

Basically table support in Lyx is one of its failings.

Sorry not to be anymore help - that said if you use Windows, you can always make pretty tables in Excel and import them into lyx.

Geoff