On Wed, 10 Aug 2005, Helge Hafting wrote:

Micha Feigin wrote:

On Tue, 9 Aug 2005 21:32:21 +0200
S__ren O'Neill <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I need to create a list of literature references, much like a bullit list, but without the bullits. How might this be accomplished? ERT i suspect :-)

Solutions I can think of:
1. Insert a bibliography environment, although it will number your entries (you
can change the label to something more miningfull)

I believe the bibliography is the way to go - this is exactly what
bibliographies are for!  And you may even reference those numbered
entries from the text, and lyx will make sure the numbers  are correct
even if you re-order the list.

That is true for most cases. I prefer bibtex though myself. Also handles formating which saves the headache and changing styles is easier this way.

2. Insert a description environment and insert an empty ert or a no break
space space (Ctrl-Space). The second option will make some more indentation.

3. Where you want empty bullets open an ert with

\let\myLabelItemI\labelitemi
\renewcommand{\labelitemi}{{\color{myit}\myLabelItemI}}

Sorry, my bad, this should of course be

\renewcommand{\labelitemi}{}

I accidently copied the original which changes the color instead of the modified version I tested which removes the bullet.

and when you want bullets again enter

\let\labelitemi\myLabelItemI

This will cause the most indentation though

Lyx 1.4 will  let you go into document settings and customize the bullets.
You can then select anything you want as bullet symbol, even a blank.

Helge Hafting

Why wait for lyx 1.4, its been available for as long as I can remember (which means at least from five minutes ago ;-).

Go to Layout->document->bullets, choose the first bullet and then press set bullet->custom and just leave the entry blank. That will make an empty bullet.

The problem is that this approach will work as long as you don't want bullets anywhere else in the document. The ert approach allows you to change the bullets midway and then change back (notice that I posted the wrong version, look above for erasing bullets.)

BTW, if you don't want to change back you can just remove the two lines starting with \let...

This Mail Was Scanned By Mail-seCure System
at the Tel-Aviv University CC.