On Wednesday 10 August 2005 19:51, Rich Shepard wrote:
> On Wed, 10 Aug 2005, Jose' Matos wrote:
> >  Just as it happens with convert from ImageMagick and:
>
>    I thought that 'convert' would do it, but I could not find the list of
> supported formats in the man page.

  That is true, one problems is that more and more times the man pages do not
reflect all the project features.

  I hope that now that docbook is becoming the standard for free software
documentation and with the convertions tools from docbook to man improving
fast there is another push for man documentation.

  The main point in my remark was *eps2:* and this is not present as well in
the man pages.

$ convert myfile.jpg myfile.eps

This version expands the jpg file generating thus huge sizes.

$ convert myfile.jpg eps2:myfile.eps

This does what you described, it inserts a decoder allowing for smaller sizes,
I think that eps2 is shortcut for EPS level 2.

--
José Abílio Matos