Sven Schreiber wrote:

> Actually it is difficult to construct a simple test case, so this seems
> to be a rather subtle bug that is triggered only in special

Well I don't remember why I found that so difficult, but I found out
some details; especially that the problem only appears when a temp
directory is used (option checked in preferences). The updated graphics
file gets copied into the tempdir though, so Lyx must be somehow aware
of the change, yet Lyx isn't rerunning (pdf)latex. The graphic preview
is updated like it should be, however.

Maybe this is again a Windows-specific path thing? My test case is the
file D:\lyxtest\newfile1.lyx with embedded graphics file
D:\lyxtest\impulse-redone.pdf; specifying absolute or relative paths
doesn't make a difference. The temp dir is also D:\lyxtest, but I had it
in C:\tmp before, with no difference.

Btw, in the status bar for a very brief moment Lyx says its "Running
Latex..." (I think, it disappears almost instantly).

Any bug squashers let me know if you need further info,
thanks,
Sven