Mike Reeks wrote:

> I've recently installed lyx. Everything seesm to wotk OK except
> importing a tex document - always get the message
> Error while executing reLyx -f "filename.tex". Can anyone help or advise
> apoor beginner?

reLyX is a perl script. Do you have perl installed on your machine.

reLyX is also rather limited and is pretty-well unsupported. I would
suggest that you run it from the command line to ascertain whether it can
cope with your "filename.tex". If not, I'd suggest that you grab the much
more powerful "tex2lyx" from http://wiki.lyx.org/LaTeX/LatexToLyx

tex2lyx has not been released formally yet but the web page provides a
number of self-contained packages. Is their one for your OS of choice? So
far, many people have used it with great success; give it a go!

--
Angus