Martin A. Hansen wrote:

> i am not sure this is simple - at least not for me.
>
> if ones does:
>
> 1) export lyx to latex.
> 2) run latex and bibtex in order to generate the .bbl file containing
> the bibliographic data.
> 3) convert the latex file to txt file (is that groff's doing?).
> 4) concatenate the bibliographic data to the txt file.
>
> now, the citation keys within the text also needs to be substituted
> with respect to the bibliography style selected (numbered, alphabetic,
> sorted etc.). that is tricky?!?

Ahhhh. I see that there is no "plaintext" function within InsetBibtex. It
would be easy enough to add one to output what appears on the screen but
more than that would indeed require you to compile the LaTeX file as you
describe above.

However, once you have the .dvi file, can't you just use that? Why not use
catdvi (catdvi.sourceforge.net) to do the work for you?

--
Angus