On Friday 02 September 2005 23:33, Jane McKean wrote:
> To accomplish this as part of the build, I need a command line
> equivalent (and it could be multiple command lines) for each of these
> methods.
>
> - The command-line equivalent for View > PDF (dvipdfm)
>
> - The command-line equivalent for View > PDF (latexpdf)

 That is a good question that I have seen answered sometimes on this list. :-)

 Searching...

  $ lyx --help

Usage: lyx [ command line switches ] [ name.lyx ... ]
Command line switches (case sensitive):
        -help              summarize LyX usage
        -userdir dir       try to set user directory to dir
        -sysdir dir        try to set system directory to dir
        -geometry WxH+X+Y  set geometry of the main window
        -dbg feature[,feature]...
                  select the features to debug.
                  Type `lyx -dbg' to see the list of features
        -x [--execute] command
                  where command is a lyx command.
        -e [--export] fmt
                  where fmt is the export format of choice.
        -i [--import] fmt file.xxx
                  where fmt is the import format of choice
                  and file.xxx is the file to be imported.
        -version        summarize version and build info
Check the LyX man page for more details.

  Now this is the funny part, the _fmt_ key that we are searching for is
defined in: Edit->Preferences->File Formats, look then for format.

  In my case I have 3 defined pdf formats. Using pdf2 I get:

$ lyx -e pdf2 spyce.lyx
Document exported as PDF (pdflatex) to file `~/thunderbird/level-3/spyce.pdf'
$ lyx -e pdf3 spyce.lyx
Executing command:dvipdfm -p letter 'spyce.dvi'

spyce.dvi -> spyce.pdf
[1]
55669 bytes written
Document exported as PDF (dvipdfm) to file `~/thunderbird/level-3/spyce.pdf'

  Bingo. :-)

--
José Abílio