----- Original Message ----- From: "Angus Leeming" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <lyx-users@lists.lyx.org>
Sent: Thursday, September 08, 2005 5:01 PM
Subject: Re: LyX doesn't store my PDF viewer info

Stephen P. Harris wrote:
My viewer has this path, C:\reader7\Reader\AcroRd32.exe
Yours is probably in F:\program files\adobe etc
So try using the full path name including the drive letter.

You should consider using the "path_prefix" variable to modify the PATH
environment variable used by LyX so that it can "just find" AcroRd32.exe
in the PATH.

The variable can be set from the Edit->Preferences dialog, Paths pane or by
editing the preferences file directly.

--
Angus

That certainly seems like a reasonable suggestion. I fixed a similar
problem to Mark's in a 1.3.6pre version by using the full path to
the viewer. I don't know if that method works anymore. Mark has
most of his stuff on the F: drive and I think that is probably the
problem. I also wondered if copying acrord32.exe to the \lyx\lyx\bin
along with tex2lyx and pdfview.cmd would work since I think Lyx
searches there by default? (Mark's home might be on C:\)
I also put all LyX's path stuff in the Windows environment path,
but Lyx's Path is a subset of the Windows path when I compare them.

Regards,
Stephen